Yes. At any time, with no further commitment.
First, if you already use a personal finance tool, you may be able to import all your information directly into MoneyMojo. Currently our import engine works with Microsoft Money and we are working to allow imports from Quicken and some online PFM tools.
Using our Securelink feature, your transaction data will be imported automatically from your financial institutions via a third party aggregator called Yodlee. Many personal financial management tools use Yodlee, a listed US business whose clients include many of the largest banks including Bank of America.
You can download transaction information from financial institutions you are registered with for online banking. Most UK banks and credit card providers allow you to download transaction data as an OFX file. MoneyMojo reads these files and imports the transactions into your account. Some banks (e.g. Lloyds) offer QIF files instead which, although they provide less information, still work with MoneyMojo.
As a final option, you can enter data manually.
- MoneyMojo is a “read-only” application. No-one, not even you, can transfer money in or out of any account using MoneyMojo.
- We insist your account is protected with a strong password. We know that it’s not everyone’s favourite thing – being told what is and isn’t an acceptable password – but it’s one of the strongest ways to protect your account.
- Your data and login information is secured using bank-level 128Mb SSL encryption.
- Sensitive information, such as your passwords, are further encrypted on our servers.
- Our site is monitored by our partners GeoTrust who guarantee online customer security.
For more information on how to download transaction information from your bank please take a look at this article in our Knowledgebase.
All of the above. In fact anything with an International Security Identification number (ISIN) which includes most equities, bonds and managed funds in the major international financial markets. Our investment price update tool uses the Yahoo share price engine, so if you can find it on Yahoo Finance it will work with MoneyMojo.
Currently we have some standard reports available, but we are developing the functionality for tailored reports in an imminent release.
Yes. Accounts in MoneyMojo can be in whatever currency you like. MoneyMojo will help you manage exchange rates for transfers between those accounts.
MoneyMojo works with any device that can access the internet through a browser. Use a Mac? That’s’ fine. Windows machine? That’s good too. Desktops, laptops, mobiles, tablets? All fine. So you can access MoneyMojo from your desktop at work, laptop at home, and from your mobile on the train.
We’re also working on native iOS and Android apps which will be ready for release shortly.